Advice on Value-Added Tax (VAT)
Getting registered for VAT
- What is Value Added Tax (VAT), and why do I need to know about it?
- Do I have to register for VAT?
- Once my turnover reaches the £85k VAT threshold, how long do I have to register?
- How do I register for VAT?
- Should I delay registering until I hit the VAT threshold?
- If I’m a B2B company, should I register for VAT before I have to?
Choosing a VAT scheme
Filing your VAT return
- How do I complete a VAT return?
- What documentation do I need when claiming back VAT?
- Help! I've made a mistake on my VAT return – what do I do?
- How do I set up Direct Debits to pay my VAT bill?
- Can I claim VAT on costs I incurred pre-registration?
- Can I claim back VAT on business expenses?
Accounting for VAT
- What’s the best way to account for my VAT: invoice or cash accounting?
- What are the different VAT categories – and when do they apply?
- What should be on a VAT invoice?
- Why is the VAT balance on the balance sheet different to my VAT return?
- What's best for my business: quarterly vs monthly VAT periods?
- How do I change my VAT periods?